6th Grade Math Curriculum
- Writing and Solving Algebraic Expressions and Equations
- Using Number Sentence to Solve Equations. Solve equations by adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
- Solving Two-Step Equations. Translating English Expressions into algebraic expressions and equations.
- Write Equations and Solve Word Problems.
- Writing and Solving Inequalities
- Graphing and Writing Inequalities. Solving Inequalities by adding and subtracting,
- Solving Inequalities by Multiplying and Dividing.
- Translating English Expressions into Algebraic Inequalities. Solving Word Problems Involving Inequalities.
- Review Equations and Inequalities.
- Exponents, Factors, and All Operations with Fractions
- Exponents and Order of Operations. Scientific Notation.
- Divisibility Tests. Prime Factorization. Simplifying Fractions.
- Comparing and Ordering Fractions. Work with Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions. Fractions and Decimals. Rational Numbers.
- Operations with Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers.
- Multiplying Fractions and Mixed Numbers. Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers.
- Solving Equations with Fractions. Problem Solving with Fractions.
- Ratio, Rates, and Proportions
- Ratios. Unit Rates and Proportional Reasoning.
- Proportions. Problem Solving: Draw a Diagram and Solve Simpler Problem.
- Proportional Reasoning. Similar Figures. Maps and Scale.
- Understanding Percents. Percent, Fractions,and Decimals.
- Finding a Percent of a Number. Solving Percent Problems Using Proportions.
- Solving Percent Problems Using Equations. Finding Percent of Change.
- Geometry and Measurements
- Lines and Planes. Measuring and Classifying Angles. Triangles.
- Quadralaterals and Other Polygons. Congruent Figures.
- Circles and Circle Graphs.