7th Grade Math Curriculum
- Algebraic Expressions and Equations
- Equations with Variables on Both Sides. Absolute Value Equations.
- Algebraic Expressions and Order of Operations.
- Integers and Absolute Value. Adding and Subtracting Integers. Multiplying and Dividing Integers
- Equations and Inequalities
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions. Solving Multi-Step Equations.
- Solving Inequalities by Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing.
- Solving Two-Step Inequalities. Word Problem Applications.
- Real Numbers, Exponent, and Powers
- Equivalent Forms of Rational Numbers. Comparing and Ordering Rational Numbers.
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing Rational Numbers.
- Exploring Square Roots and Irrational Numbers. Exponents.
- Scientific Notation. Rules of Exponents.
- Graphing in the Coordinate Plane
- Graphing Points.
- Graphing Equations with Two Variables.
- Understanding Slope.
- Write Equations and Make Graph.
- Applications of Proportions
- Ratios and Rates. Choosing and Converting Units.
- Solving Proportions. Similar Figures and Proportions.
- Similarity and Indirect Measurement.
- Scale Models and Maps.
- Applications of Percent
- Fractions, Decimals, Percents. Percents and Proportions.
- Percents and Equations. Percents of Change.
- Problem Solving: Write an Equation.
- Simple and Compound Interest.
- Geometry and Measurements
- Pairs and Angles. Angles and Parallel Lines.
- Classifying Triangles and Quadralaterals.
- Perimeter and Area of Polygons and Circles.